Monday, July 28, 2008

Zoo Food

One of my favourite places to go on summer vacation used to be the Toronto Zoo. I still remember the "big foot" prints painted on the ground that marked one of the trails. They are still there, but are a little faded. I went with a friend who used to be a member of the "little foot" club which I think is now called "zoo kids". This kangaroo was disobeying the sign and the subsequent one could read. Oh wait, maybe the sign was for us human animals.




All that tromping around makes one hungry and thirsty. There are strategically placed vending machines along the pathways. Wanta Fanta??! Do I look like a Fantana?



Luckily, at every pavilion there is a "Harvey's" which is a tasty Canadian hamburger chain owned by Cara operations Ltd. They are also responsible for Swiss Chalet, Kelsey's, Milestone's and Montana's. A plethora of Canadian restaurant chains!

I had the Angus Burger combo and they also have a very tasty veggie burger that is not at all bean-like or suffering from the falling apart phenomenon. I have always been suspicious of the non-meatiness of the veggie burger, but have been assured that it is just texturized veggie protein.



My favourite rest-stops are the combo Tim Horton's, Wendy's, Harvey's. Heaven by the roadside.

1 comment:

mini said...

yummo! i'll take a fanta grape!