Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Shrimp, Veggies and Soba Buckwheat Noodles

This is what Eric likes to call the "Christmas colour stir-fry" although I admit it looks more Christmas-y when it is on a bed of rice, since rice looks more like snow than brown soba noodles. Well, I guess it could be snow that was in a high traffic, salt and sand area.

Here is the raw shrimp peeled and mixed up with some lime juice, vegetable oil, jalapenos, minced ginger and garlic and fresh ground pepper.




Next you chop up some veggies. Here we have a selection of red and green bell peppers, edamame (frozen, so I boiled em' a bit first) and shallots. I finally used my last shallot from the ridiculous peapod delivery mishap, so maybe my next meals will be less shallot-y.




Then you boil the water and dump in some nice bunches of soba noodles. They cook real fast, so be careful or else you will get a mushy brown lump. I like to drain them and run them under cold water. They are still yummy cold.




Fry up yer shrimps with some hoisin sauce, dump in the veggies and voila!




Tastee offerings!

No comments: